Madame Madeline is your online Shoppe for discount Ardell False Eyelashes and Andrea Lashes. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum - Holy Grail Beautyy . . .

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

2:37 PM


Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum photo by me.


I am always on the look out for different vitamin C skin serums after the great visible results I got from the Answers From Nature Peptide C Serum formula.  Keep reading to see how this Drunk Elephant product turns out!

Storytime

My skin type is - Oily/Combination, 37 years old, fair, easily burned with freckles.

This product does have a orange colour due to the Vitamin C and not because its expired.  It does have a vague aroma of oranges but not a sweet smell, its more medicinal.  It does linger somewhat though.  You can apply it by itself or mixed with your preferred facial oil (I use it with SwisseSkincare Argan Face Oil ) *the product states that for extra hydration you can combine this product with any other Drunk Elephant formula product and especially their own marula oil, this product also already contains marula oil*.  Using this serum creates skin that is plumper and gives a lovely fresh glow to the skin when you start using it.  The formula is unique in that it has a reservoir  action to keep the active ingredients on your skin for longer.  So I use it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights to cover me for the week, as the rest of the week I use my beloved Derma e Overnight Peel with AHA. Now, it is recommended to be used during the day but I feel it's just fine to use at night time.  It is a sticky formula but mixed with any of the well known face oils argan, rosehip etc diminishes the stickiness and the vitamin smell.  I apply it on my face, neck, decolletage and tops of my hands.  I start with damp skin as this is best for the serum to absorb I only  the C serum on the weekend otherwise my routine starts off slightly differently.

Beauty Guru

The ingredients listed below really clear up the skin surface as vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant.  With continued and consistent use it will improve your skin tone, lighten and potentially fade pimple or other skin scarring *obviously within reason, please consult a dermatologist for more persistent scarring*, adding it to your regime will help stimulate collagen production and collagen is part of your skin's structure to prevent wrinkling and sagging.  Vitamin C also assists in thickening the skins epidermis with continued use which helps with protecting your skin from the sun but you still have to wear sunscreen 30+! No getting around that!  I have had freckles fade to nothing, melasma disappear, and I now have the most consistent complexion tone from having including and regularly using vitamin c products.  I definitely recommend finding one that suits your skin type as not all forms of vitamin C are as effective and can work differently depending on amount of product and other ingredients included as well as for different skin types.  This serum has the most common form of vitamin C which is Ascorbic Acid.  I am going to create a separate post on different vitamin C formulations as I have tried three different products with at least two different formulations.

Me with no foundation or powders.


This is a pricey product, especially in Australia, but I love what this does for my skin! I will continue to try other vitamin C products but this one is a holy grail status product for me and my skin type.  I do believe the products I currently use in my skincare regime for day and night have given me my most clearest and softest skin.  Check out my review on the second vitamin C product I ever tried for two and a half months in total in time by Serumtologie C Serum .

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Laureth-23, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Ferment Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian Gooseberry) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Acetyl Glucosamine, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Glutamylamidoethyl Imidazole, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tetrahydro Curcuminoids, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Glycine, Sucrose, Maltodextrin, Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60.

Free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates and fragrance. Non-comedogenic.

I definitely recommend this product!

Thank-you for reading.
Not sponsored
Image by me.
Drunk Elephant

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe To